Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's Too Late To Worry

My relationship with the Joker is a little “odd” to say the least. Lately, we’ve been talking a lot more and he’s been really nice, and dare I say it, sweet.

Every night, or almost every night, in case he’s working late (gotta love overtime!) or one of us has to leave early (which is rare) we walk out together. Those four minutes are really the best part of my day. It doesn’t matter what we’re talking about (we’ve had conversations about where government money should be spend: curing cancer or NASA. I was adamant about the cancer research and he was pro-space discovery. I do think I won that argument though!), we have good chemistry and although we don’t agree on everything, we get along really well.

Yesterday he had to attend the “Respectful Behaviour in the Workplace” seminar, and he asked what I thought about it. I had kind of brushed off the seminar and I didn’t really know what to think about it. I don’t think that I learned anything and most of it was fairly common sense. Hey, it was a waste of time and money, but no one cares I guess! Of course, the Joker had an opinion on it! (Enter shocked face here.) He mentioned how it didn’t seem right that our supervisor’s could get involved in employees personal lives, especially after the work day. The seminar leader told us that if Employee A sends an inappropriate e-mail from his/her personal e-mail account to Employee B’s personal e-mail accounts, it is considered harassment. This is, of course, if he/she doesn’t stop sending them after you ask him/her to. I’m not 100% sure why exactly he would bring this up, but I’m assuming he felt slightly guilty after some of conversations he’s had with fellow employees. I’m not sure. I do know that he had a thing for KH, one of the girls that works at our other office. In fact, I’ve heard he bought her roses for Valentine’s Day and I’ve also heard she is, well, a little “free”. I don’t know; I’ve never met the girl so I cannot say for certain. I’ve also been told he was crazy about another girl, but she told him repeatedly she had a boyfriend. Perhaps he realized some of this could have been considered harassment, but I don’t know why he would tell me.

When I pulled into the parking lot today, the Joker was there. Before me.
He is never (with a few exceptions, I must admit) there before me. Hardly ever. When he is, he listens to the radio before going in and usually won’t walk in with me. The chances of him and I walking in together in the morning are slim to none. So when I got there today and saw him sitting in his truck, I didn’t think much of it. I had my Reba blaring and parked beside him, but as I was getting out I heard his door slam. Something is just odd. I can’t quite put my finger on what it is, but these events are just very rare and uncharacteristic of him. I’m not complaining though!

As we walked in, I told him that I was going to the Keith Urban concert tonight (I know and it’s okay to be jealous!) and he said he might call. I couldn’t quite get what he was saying. Was he going to call me while I was at the concert? That would be really weird! He clarified and said that he might call his boss and check if they were “doing the show” (they do the sound for big concerts) but he couldn’t go anyways because he will be working at another job tonight. I swear, this guy works way too much! He said that he had done the Johnny Reid concert a couple of times, and I asked if he had met Johnny. “Of course!” I think I melted! He asked if I was “gogo” over Johnny Reid, although I think he meant “gaga” and I said that I was. Duh! As if I didn’t know, the Joker mentioned that Keith Urban is married as well. “Oh I know. But I can look, can’t I?” See! I am getting better at these comebacks! By this time, our walk/elevator ride was over and we had to start work.

Every day gets a little more interesting and I sure hope this keeps up! Now if only he would reply to my text messages and decide about Alpha, we’d be set!

0 comments: