Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dear Facebook

Dear Facebook,

It’s been four years now and we’ve been through a lot together. You’ve been there for me many times when I couldn’t go on. It was you I’ve always turned to. You saw my tears before anyone else and heard my laughter amidst all the pain.

I need to tell you something serious though. As much fun as it would be to reminisce on all of the great times we’ve shared, I can’t go on. I love you too much but I don’t feel the same love for you. I keep giving and giving but you don’t love me back anymore. No new friend requests, no messages, no new notifications. I can’t do this. I don’t have any new photos and My Fairlyland has lost its lustre.

Why would you say that? Yes, to be honest, I am seeing someone else. I’ve been flirting around a little bit because you’re just not treating me like I need you to.

I’ve spent some time with Myspace, Twitter, Wordpress, and Tumblr. Blogger has me smitten. I can say whatever I want and I won’t be judged.

Don’t cry. It’s not your fault. Sometimes it just isn’t meant to be no matter how hard we try. I need a break. I need some space, Facebook. There is nothing else I can do right now. I know you don’t love me as much as I love you.

You’re with them now. I get it. I’ve accepted the fact we can’t go on. I can no longer live up to your expectations. No amount of photo albums or notes can keep me here. I don’t want a new application. The chat? It’s just lame.

You know I’ll be back Facebook. I just need a little space right now. We’re strong enough to get through this, but right now, your heart is just not in this. I get it. Don't worry about me; I've been through this before.

Love Always,
The Grasshopper

0 comments: